[fpc-pascal] Dependency of OpenSSL 1.0.2 still in FPC 3.2.0 on some platforms?

gebylist gebylist at mlp.cz
Thu May 13 13:16:41 CEST 2021

Dne 13.05.2021 v 12:38 Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal napsal(a):
> I found more reading and now I am a bit confused again:
> When using MIME, why do you need to also set the recipient, sender etc for the
> SMTP object when it is already part of the MIME object?
> Or does SMTP discard its own properties if a MIME package comes along?

Because MIME and SMTP is not same. Synapse's MimePart just get RFC2822
raw plaintext and decompose it into tree object structure representing
MIME parts. And/or compose it back to plaintext. But where you got mail
raw plaintext? SMTP, IMAP4, POP3, database, file,... (you can use it for
HTTP forms too!)

So, SMTP is just one of many options. MIME is independent.

SMTP deliver messages by SMTP envelope, it ignoring message headers.
Look at for any raw message from this conference. You are not written as
recepient in "To" header, however you got it. You have been written as
recepient in SMTP envelope only, not in message text.

Lukas.