[fpc-pascal] Dependency of OpenSSL 1.0.2 still in FPC 3.2.0 on some platforms?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu May 6 14:04:07 CEST 2021

On Thu, 6 May 2021, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:

>> I highly recommend Synapse over Indy.
>>

> I had great troubles a year or so ago when I tried using some serial packages
> based on synapse because they brought in GUI stuff that made it impossible to
> compile a simple program aimed at running as a service on a server style linux
> box...

Yes, because you were using the wrong package.

If you use the correct package (laz_synapse.lpk), there will be no issue.

See e.g. here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/synalist/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/

But you can install it using the Online package manager.

In the online package manager, DO NOT use the pl_synapsevs package.

You myst use the laz_synapse (Synapse 40.1) package.
It does not have GUI dependencies.

I use it myself in a headless FPC-created server running on linux, since many many
years, and use it in a Delphi-created server also running on linux, so I'm very
confident it works as described :-)

Michael.