[fpc-pascal] Why has the tkFloat default value changed?

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Sat Mar 6 05:00:11 CET 2021

On 06.03.2021 4:29, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
> On 05.03.2021 20:34, Sven Barth wrote:
>> Am 28.02.2021 um 23:11 schrieb Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal:
>> [...]
>>> I can't find this change in
>>> https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User_Changes_3.2.0
>>
>> @Ondrej: you had supplied the patch back then. Would you be able to
>> describe what exactly changed through your patch?
>
> I added a point to
> https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User_Changes_3.2.0#RTTI_changes

I forgot to add a short personal rant :)

The ambiguity of the /stored/ and /(no)default/ modifiers is a huge
source of confusion and errors. Such a bad design :/ (Obviously FPC is
not liable for it.)

Having only the "stored" modifier would be so much simpler. (And you
would be able to store all integer values in a property - currently you
always have to choose one value that is not stored.)

Ondrej