[fpc-pascal] Linker error on simple program (windows)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 24 11:10:06 CEST 2021

Bart via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> schrieb am Mi., 23.
Juni 2021, 18:59:

> The error goes away if I remove the inline directive from the function
> definition in the interface section, or if I also declare the other
> function (which gives the linker error) in the interface section.

The compiler shouldn't do the inlining in that case, cause the pre-3.3.1
compiler doesn't allow inlining of implementation-only functions (and that
was something that was indeed fixed in 3.2.0: the overload that's not
declared in the interface section is no longer available globally).

3.3.1 handles inlining of implementation-only functions correctly.

Thus for 3.2.0 and 3.2.2 you indeed need to use the workarounds you
mentioned.

Regards,
Sven