[fpc-pascal] Dependency of OpenSSL 1.0.2 still in FPC 3.2.0 on some platforms?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 14:47:27 CEST 2021

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 08:58:21 +0200, gebylist via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>?Dne 05.06.2021 v 22:04 Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal napsal(a):
>> Yes, I ditched Indy10 for smtp emailing and instead used Synapse 40.1
>> from the OnLinePackageManager in Lazarus.
>
>I am not sure what is mean by "Synapse 40.1" and how

This is a package containing networking objects

>OnlinePackageManager working, because Synapse itself leave this

I use Lazarus as my dev IDE and in Lazarus menu:
Package/OnLinePackageManager you can select from a number of available packages
that are not installed by default. Here you will find Synapse 40.1, which is
what I referred to.

>numbering before years and most recent version of Synapse is available
>on SVN only. And this most recent version have new SSL plugin called
>ssl_openssl11 with support for OpenSSL 1.1.1.

The OLPM version has SSL support that works well in Linux. I don't care much for
Windows where I suppose you need to get some dll files too. In Linux openssl is
nearly always available and works without any extra coding.

>Remark: Synapse is not component and not need to be installed by
>OnlinePakageManager/GetIt in Lazarus/Delphi. Just place Synapse's
>sources somewhere, where your project "see it".

As I stated it is not installed by default (as a package) but available in a
very simple way through OnLine PackageManager.
OLPM can "install" any package and if it has GUI components it will also compile
that into Lazarus. Not needed for Synapse.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden