[fpc-pascal] FPC & Lazarus moving to gitlab

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 21:25:10 CEST 2021

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 18:05:14 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-devel
<fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>The Free Pascal and Lazarus teams are in the process of switching to
>Gitlab to manage their source code and issue reports.

Does this mean that the sources will disappear from SVN?

I am using scripts to install FPC and Lazarus on new systems and these use svn
co commands towards:
https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/
https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/

where I pick up the released code based on the tag value and build off of them.

Will that have to change to git now?

(I don't use GIT anywhere and am unfamiliar with its commands and general
behaviour....).

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden