[fpc-pascal] PTCGraph Causing 217

James Richters james.richters at productionautomation.net
Mon Jan 11 15:36:49 CET 2021

I've made a sample program that demonstrates the problem
https://gist.github.com/Zaaphod/936901eb5f31df5044d2bd36a7cf6c91

When I was testing it, I found out that the problem shows up also with
PTCCRT.Keypressed,

Procedure to re-produce bug in Putimage
1.            Run program in Windows
2.            Do something that activates Windows User Account Control like
open an administrator command prompt
3.            Program crashes with exitcode 217 EAccessViolation: Access
violation on line 108 which is doing Putimage, even if you answer NO to user
account control

Procedure to re-produce bug in Keypressed
1.            UnComment //Until ptccrt.Keypressed;   Comment out //Until
ptccrt.Keypressed;
2.            Run Program in Windows
3.            Do something that activates Windows User Account Control like
open an administrator command prompt
4.            Program crashes with exitcode 217 EAccessViolation: Access
violation on line 114 which is doing Keypresed (sometimes the error is on
putimage)

Other things that cause it:
Unplug monitor and plug it back in
Change Display settings