[fpc-pascal] FPDoc now with Markdown support

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 10:47:07 CET 2021

On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 15:31:11 +0100 (CET), Michael Van Canneyt via
fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>Hello !
>
>I didn't make it quite in time for the new year, but still:
>
>The fpdoc engine (what is used to document the FPC & Lazarus units)
>is now capable of outputting the documentation in markdown.

Question about viewing MD documents (excuse the little deviation from
the main thread topic regarding fpdoc):

Is there an MD renderer created with free pascal that can be plugged
into Apache webserver so that the MD files are rendered correctly in
any browser?

I have created a lot of such documents for my projects but the only
way I have found to display them correctly is via a plug-in to FireFox
(does not work on Chrome) using a "file://nameofdoc" URL. :(

What I would like to do is put them into my private webserver (on
Ubuntu 18) in the  documentation section so I can access them anywhere
and not just when I have file access to the documents.

Note: On our company's subversion server (Windows Server 16 with
Visual Svn) these documents render perfectly when viewed in the
repository browser, but I don't want to use that server since it is an
in-office-only server. And I would anyway need to check the appearance
*before* committing the files to svn.

Any suggestions?

--
Bo Berglund