[fpc-pascal] Windows Defender considers fp.exe a malicious program

James Richters james.richters at productionautomation.net
Fri Feb 12 22:48:21 CET 2021

The problem I have had is when programs I compile generate a false virus detection.. sure on my own computer I can just disable that directory from the virus scanner but it becomes a problem when I release it to my customers and their virus scanners quarantine it.   I have no idea how to register a legitimate program as not having a virus.  I've had this issue before but managed to track down the section of code that caused it... after a completely exhaustive search.

James