[fpc-pascal] Bookmark, TBookmarkStr, TBytes and BytesOf

Santi svaa at ciberpiula.net
Thu Aug 26 16:35:31 CEST 2021

El 26/08/2021 a las 13:05, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal escribió:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2021, Santi via fpc-pascal wrote:

>>> The type used for bookmarks changed over time.
>>>
>>> You really must use TBookmark.
>>>
>>> I have corrected the documentation, it seems the 2 types were
>>> switched when
>>> I corrected the documentation when the type actually changed. Sorry
>>> about that :/
>>
>> By the way, BytesOf documentation is also misleading
>
> In what sense ?

https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sysutils/bytesof.html
The abstract is  "Return the bytes in a string". Probably you can blame
my English, but I think it is ambiguous whether  it must be read as

Return (the bytes (in a string))
or
return (the bytes) -> (in a string)

before reading the function declaration, I thought it was the second case.

better something like "Return the bytes OF a string in an array of bytes
TBytes"

> Michael.

Saludos
Santi