[fpc-pascal] How to get fpc and lazarus sources when svn has shut down?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 15:11:13 CEST 2021

On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 23:13:28 +0200, Martin Frb via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>Well I don't know your script, and I am not sure how exactly you do that
>in svn....

It is not done in SVN, instead I visit the (now removed) page
 https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/ (for lazarus)
or
 https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/ (for fpc)

and look at the tags list to find the most recent release tag.
I then use that as input to my script.

>Also I do not know, if this is for a once up setup (so you only wont to
>download the one revision and nothing else), or if you don't mind.
>(I have not measured the overhead..>)

It is for installation on a pristine RaspberryPi (or Ubuntu) machine and the
script does everything including setting up the folder tree for development and
adding the desktop shortcuts.
Of corse now it is unusable because it cannot retrieve the sources... :(

I want to download the complete source tree for the tagged revision I want to
install. I do not care if it is with metadata or not, I only ever use the files
as is and never modify them.
Of course I do not want to get excessive overhead like the complete history of
all files for eternity...
No history at all would be fine.

But retrieval via a bash script in unattended operation (because it normally
takes upwards of 20 min to install on an RPi) is what I want.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden