[fpc-pascal] Separate release cycle for RTL and compiler proposal

Jonas Maebe jonas at freepascal.org
Mon Apr 19 08:15:19 CEST 2021

On 19/04/2021 07:59, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal wrote:

> But MacOS is a problem.

macOS is also perfectly scriptable, I just have to finish automating it.
The main remaining problem is our hard-wrapped readme and whatsnew files
that look terrible in its installer (because it also performs wrapping
and it uses a proportional font, so many hard-wrapped lines get wrapped
again). So at least the changed/new parts need manual unwrapping every time.

For Mac OS X/PowerPC there is the additional issue that the tool to
create installer packages that work on Mac OS X 10.4 no longer works
under macOS 10.14, so they have to be created on an older Mac OS X
version (I don't know when it broke exactly).

Jonas