[fpc-pascal] Interruption handling on i8086

Guillermo gmartinez at burdjia.com
Sun Apr 11 11:57:57 CEST 2021

Hi, Tomas.

El Sat, 10 Apr 2021 16:05:28 +0200
Tomas Hajny via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I believe that you need to add the "far" modifier after the
> "interrupt" - at least this has been the case with TP/BP and is
> probably needed at least for some memory models supported with FPC
> for i8086. The {$F+} directive as mentioned in your later post is an
> alternative, but not needed for the whole program (it might make it
> less efficient). I don't know if there are any other caveats.
>
> Tomas

It was long ago since I did my latest DOS 16bit program with Turbo
C/C++ 2.0 so I forgot the "far" modifier.  Thank you to make me
remember it.

Now I remember I have to use it with Large and Huge, not sure about
Medium but I'll look for documentation.  I'll also look for the {$F+}
directive to know how it behaves with Tiny and Compact models.

Regards,
Guillermo "Ñuño" Martínez.