[fpc-pascal] Directory Tree

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Tue Apr 6 12:43:39 CEST 2021

On 2021-04-06 12:29, James Richters via fpc-pascal wrote:
> Does FPC include any tools to display a directory tree, similar to the
> way
> files and folders are normally displayed, but I want to make my own
> custom
> entries.  Have the branches expand and collapse etc..
> It doesn't have to be graphical, it can be text based.
> Or Am I going to be better off going graphical with Lazarus for
> something
> like this?

Lazarus shall be a more appropriate choice for a graphical output. If
talking about text output, FPC package FV (FreeVision) contains an
object TDirListBox which allows traversing the directory tree, but it
doesn't provide a generic feature of collapsing / expanding (you can
expand just one directory).

Tomas