[fpc-pascal] More problems in Sinclair QL port (M68K)

Norman Dunbar Norman at dunbar-it.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 11:32:30 CEST 2021

Hi Pierre,

On 01/04/2021 23:02, Pierre Muller via fpc-pascal wrote:

 >   This all depend on the debugger capabilities,
 > if you can watch changes at a sepecific location,
 > the easiest is just to watch InOutRes memory position.

I'm afraid the QL is a computer from the early 1980s and we don't have
source level debugging or, unfortunately, watches. :(

The best I have is a watch on a register or a watch on a memory address
-- everything is done at the assembly language level, not at the Pascal
source I'm afraid. By the time I get to the debugger, I'm dealing in
memory addresses.

I'll have a look at  the compiler options, there might be a way to get
the address of InOutRes that way - with a map file or symbol file etc.

Thank you.

Take care, stay safe.

Cheers,
Norm.