[fpc-pascal] -Fu unit search path and network paths

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Mon Sep 21 13:44:02 CEST 2020

Dňa 21.9.2020 o 12:35 Marco van de Voort via fpc-pascal napísal(a):

> Op 2020-09-21 om 08:57 schreef LacaK via fpc-pascal:
>>
>>> Hi *,
>>>
>>> are supported in -Fu (unit search path) networks paths? i.e.
>>> -Fu\\server\share -Fu\\server\share\path ?
>> Correction: unit cannot be found only if it is placed in "share root"
>> \\server\share !
>> When is placed in \\server\share\path then it is found.
>>
>> Why?
>
> Possibly Share vs directory.   A directory has 4 slashes
> (\\x\y\<something), a share two.
>
> Try \\server\share\.
*Does not works. More confusing is that, when I map \\server\share to
F:\ and I add F:\ to search path it does not work also!
*

*(if unit is in any subdirectory i.e. F:\something then it works ... so
only root does not work!)*

*
*

> Note that probably none of this is supported, just coincidence because
> Windows functions interpret it themselves.

*But how to explain cause with F:\ ?*

*
*

*L.*