[fpc-pascal] Lazarus complains that it cannot find a dependency, why?

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Wed Sep 2 00:34:23 CEST 2020

On 2020-09-02 00:21, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:

  .
  .
> Strange because I have read that cthreads must be first in uses in the
> lpr program files in order to make threads work.
> How could it work if I add the dependencies, then it would come later
> or maybe earlier???

The real requirement is that the thread manager needs to be initialized
before any threading features are used. If any of the used units uses
threading features in its initialization, then such a unit should have
cthreads in its own uses section (then this requirement is obviously
fulfilled), or cthreads must be listed before that unit in the uses
section of your program (and having cthreads as the first unit makes
this requirement fulfilled as well).

Tomas