[fpc-pascal] I'm working on automated Help Output for console apps

Mon Nov 23 22:56:48 CET 2020

On 23/11/2020 1:26 pm, James Richters via fpc-pascal wrote:
> Any Ideas on how this, or some of it could be accomplished?  Or is it all completely impossible?

If the object that you are trying to output has RTTI enabled, then maybe
you could query everything you need via TypeInfo (or the new reflection
or New RTTI of FPC and Delhi - can't remember the exact name).

Maybe looking at tiOPF's tiLog unit could also give some ideas on how
to write those - but the tiLog unit definitely doesn't do exactly what you want.
Saying that I very often used tiOPF's tiLog support (threaded output to console,
file or external window) even in not tiOPF projecst, simply because it was
so convenient. Coming back to the first point, tiOPF's tiRTTI unit might also be
of use to you.

https://github.com/graemeg/tiopf/blob/tiopf2/Core/tiLog.pas

Either way, seem there will be some work required to get what you want. ;-)

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/