[fpc-pascal] I'm working on automated Help Output for console apps

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 20 08:04:02 CET 2020

Graeme Geldenhuys via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> schrieb
am Fr., 20. Nov. 2020, 01:33:

> For those console programmers out there... Is there anything in console
> help
> output that you like or wish you had. That way I could possibly add it and
> make this even more useful to a wider audience.

Two things come to mind.

The first I don't know whether you have that on your list already: the
ability to change the prefixes ('-', '--') and the long argument separator
('='). Of course not specific to a single argument, but for all.

The second part is less output specific, but more DRY: a way to convert the
option list to TConsoleApplication's argument handling so that one doesn't
have to declare that twice.

Regards,
Sven