[fpc-pascal] TFPGList and objects

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Thu May 28 19:36:44 CEST 2020

There is TFPGObjectList for objects.

BTW, is FGL a good choice for generics? Some time ago Marco wrote here that FGL is moreless a technology demonstrator and Generics.Collection or other libraries should be used instead.

Thanks for reply

V.

> Od: "Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal" <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org>
> Komu: "FPC-Pascal users discussions" <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org>
> Datum: 28.05.2020 09:30
> Předmět: [fpc-pascal] TFPGList and objects

Using objects in TFPGList is currently not possible because class operators are not supported in objects. I tried using global scope operators but they don't seem to work.

 /usr/local/lib/fpc/3.3.1/units/x86_64-darwin/rtl/fgl.ppu:fgl.pp:988:50: error: Operator is not overloaded: "TInvocation" = "TInvocation"

 I wanted it for other reasons but we can consider the patch now to add class operators to objects?

 https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=36350 <https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=36350>

 Regards,
 Ryan Joseph

 fpc-pascal maillist  -  fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org