[fpc-pascal] How to implement a simple tcp/ip connection?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu May 14 18:21:36 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I need to implement a simple dedicated TCP/IP connection between a
client and a server. Nothing fancy, just sending and receiving short
strings. I have used in the past for that purpose the unit Sockets
lifting it from Kylix. This unit was taking advantage of libc, and this
rules it out.

I see that fpc provides a Socket unit in rtl-extra and a fpSock unit in
fcl-net. At first glance they both appear to provide what I need.

Can somebody which has used those units point me in the right direction,
before I painfully study in detail those units.

Thanks for any help.

Giuliano

--
Do not do to others as you would have them do to you.They might have different tastes.