[fpc-pascal] BSON formatter

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Thu May 7 15:26:02 CEST 2020

> On May 7, 2020, at 4:44 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> I'm not even sure BSON will be accepted for LSP.

I talked to them already and they're not keen to add extensions to the plugin so I'll probably give up on this route. The spec from Microsoft doesn't say anything about this either so maybe it's a bottle neck others have hit. Sending plain text is horribly stupid and Microsoft doesn't seem to be taking performance seriously. If they want to improve performance there is other low hanging fruit but it requires Microsoft to extend the protocol.

The amount of redundant information being sent around is ridiculous. Mainly, the spec gives no way for the client to cache results and refer to them later in various requests. We're literally sending around mega bytes of data for no reason whatsoever, except lazy programmers I guess.

Computers just keep getting slower and slower sometimes it feels...

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph