[fpc-pascal] CrossPlatform problem, INFINITE not defined on Linux

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 17:40:50 CEST 2020

On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 08:46:14 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>Various RunCommand procedures in process unit:
>https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/current/fcl/process/runcommand.html

But it looks like it hangs around until the started process exits...
How can I set a timeout on the execution (don't want the whole system
to hang if this external program does not exit)?

And if I just want to start a process but not wait for it to exit?
Say a s/w updater that requires the application to exit before it can
do its thing?

I looked at the options that can be applied to the call and these are
somewhat non-obvious:

poWaitOnExit  (if I don't use this will the call return at once?)
poDetached    (what does this do?)
poRunIdle     (what does this do?)

--
Bo Berglund