[fpc-pascal] fpDebug function-call proof-of-concept

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 05:29:33 CEST 2020

> On Jul 7, 2020, at 8:13 PM, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
>

> I am using this plugin: (Please install and give feedback)
> https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=CNOC.fpdebug
>
> Well, actually I wrote it:
> https://gitlab.freepascal.org/Joost/vscode-fpdebug

Joost, it sounds like you have some VSCode extension experience but do you know anything about how to implement a language server extension? I've seen the official examples but they're based on the server itself being written in JavaScript and doesn't explain how a stdio server which is spawned in another process works (like the Pascal server, which is written in Pascal). I have very little JavaScript knowledge which doesn't help either. :)

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph