[fpc-pascal] Error compiling on AROS/m68k: 1980-0-0 is not a valid date specification

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Fri Dec 18 12:16:21 CET 2020

Hi Carsten,

> > I also see that the pre-installed version was installed with the clock
> > in the system was set to the start of the Amiga Time (1.1.1978). Might
> > that create a problem?
>
> Actually, yes. If I reset the timestamp of the system unit to 1978-1-1,
> 00:00:00 (the start of the Amiga Epoch), I can reproduce the issue on my
> system and installation (which is a real '060 + AmigaOS 3.1). So this
> needs a two layer fix, first we need to fix it in our RTL, and second, it
> would be nice if the Apollo people could not screw up the timestamps as
> they install FPC into their distro. (They probably used a broken, older
> version of LHA to extract the package, which is know to cause exactly this
> issue. Or some Unix tool to package the OS install/image, which freaked
> out from the Amiga timestamps.)

As a workaround/local fix on your system, you can try to just reset all
file dates under the units/m68k-amiga/ to the current date. You can do
this with the "SetDate" command. If you don't give it a date argument,
only a file name (which can be a wildcard) it will reset the files'
timestamp to the current time/date.

Cheers,
--
Charlie