[fpc-pascal] Lazarus start problem after power outage on RPi4

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 09:12:19 CEST 2020

Tonight there was a power outage in my home where I have a RaspberryPi
4B development system with Lazarus 2.0.8 and Fpc 3.0.4.

When it happened the system was running including Lazarus.
Now when I start Lazarus I get to a dialog saying:

Upgrade configuration
THere is already a configuration from version prior to 2.0.8 in
/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.8
The old configuration will be upgraded.
If you want to use two different Lazarus versions you must
start the second Lazarus with the command line parameter
primary-config-path or pcp

[Abort]  [Upgrade]

Obviously my start desktop file for Lazarus specifies to use pcp as I
have several versions of Lazarus installed.

In order not to break anything I used Abort and started checking the
content of my config dir and comparing to another 2.0.8 version.

What I found is that there are 3 files in the problem dir that have
suspicious timestamps/sizes:

-rw-r--r--  1 pi pi    306 Aug 24 03:59 EditorMacros.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 pi pi      0 Jan  1  1970 environmentoptions.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 pi pi   2883 Aug 24 03:59 inputhistory.xml

In the other Lazarus 2.0.8 config dir (set to use fpc 3.2) these files
are as follows:

-rw-r--r--  1 pi pi   9735 Jun 21 17:13 environmentoptions.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 pi pi    712 Jun 21 17:13 inputhistory.xml

EditorMacros.xml is missing in the other dir.

What to do? It seems like the environmentoptions.xml got hosed in the
power outage...

Can I copy this file from an RPi3B where I have installed the same
versions of Lazarus and Fpc in the same file locations (I use the same
install scripts on all RPi:s)?

I really do not want to lose any of what I worked on last night before
I stopped at 00:31 after finally fixing a persistent bug.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden