[fpc-pascal] Archive libraries

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 09:25:19 CEST 2020

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:43 PM Darius Blaszyk <dhkblaszyk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have done so for the xz format already. The code checks first if the
> utility is available and then invokes it. Potentially any other utility
> might be included that way. However, I was hoping to include mainly native
> libraries where possible to reduce dependencies.

By calling the archive utility from the command line I am able to add more
formats easily. One thing though is that to be more robust I would like to
check the availability of the utility from the command line. One way of
doing this is using "whereis", but I was wondering if something like this
exists already in FPC?

Rgds, Darius