[fpc-pascal] Raspberry PI download

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 14:21:17 CEST 2020

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 11:55:14 +0100, John Lee via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>Bo, don't think suggesting people should do it themselves (not very easy)
>is v helpful.-  Carsten clearly wanted a precompiled version so just tell
>him where there is one! j.

A precompiled compiler is not really helpful either, you need the
sources to be doing anything with it.

Anyway I have published scripts thatinstall Lazarus *and* FPC on RPi
units from scratch, everything needed is done inside the script.
Now I have stripped the fpc/lazarus script and only kept what is
needed for fpc itself.
It is available here:
http://blog.boberglund.com/install_fpc_local_pi.sh

It can be reconfigured if you want a different version or similar.
Just edit the config items in teh script.

NOTE: I always install my tools for the local user pi rather than
globally. This makes for easier administration without use od sudo.
Everything this script installs is directed towards the pi home dir
and below.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden