[fpc-pascal] FPC buildbot

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue Aug 4 13:58:22 CEST 2020

Op 20-07-2020 om 11:31 schreef Darius Blaszyk via fpc-pascal:
> Thanks for the suggestions. I had a look at the fppkgreposerver, but
> this is indeed more complex than I need at the moment. The project I am
> working on is a closed source at the moment, so making use of public
> build services is unfortunately not an option for me.
>
> I was considering making an instantFPC script that could be run from a
> cron job, or remains in an endless loop, checking the repo every x
> minutes, and in case it detects a commit, would execute a build script
> (fpmake / pmake) and then upload the created package via ftp. I have
> limited experience with uploading via ftp through an fpc application,
> but would LNet be most suited? Also interfacing (username/password) via
> TProcess is new to me.
>
> Is there any resources (like fppkgreposerver) that I could (re)use?

Actually, the fppkgreposerver also contains a (s)ftp connection. But it
works as a server, you need a client.

For uploading a single file on a linux system, I would install lftp, and
then call lftp using TProcess, using the --env-password option and then
set tne LFTP_PASSWORD environment option in TProcess to pass the password.

This is easier than using (s)ftp directly from your application.

Regards,

Joost.