[fpc-pascal] macOS linker error ld: framework not found CoreImage

Jonas Maebe jonas at freepascal.org
Sat Aug 1 23:58:27 CEST 2020

On 01/08/2020 23:42, Tobias Klaus Giesen via fpc-pascal wrote:
> I am mainly working on MacOS 10.10 (Yosemite).
>
> After updating from FPC 3.0.4 to 3.2.0, and Lazarus from 2.0.4 to
> 2.0.10, I now get this linkerĀ error:
> ld: framework not found CoreImage
>
> The same error occurs with a 32-bit Carbon project and a 64-bit Cocoa
> project (even minimal applications created as new projects).
>
> I haven't found where CoreImage is referenced at all ... any ideas?

It's an bug that was indeed introduced in the CocoaAll unit of FPC 3.2.0
(and which has been fixed in the fixes branch).

Besides building and installing a compiler + units from the fixes
branch, there is unfortunately no workaround other than
1) compiling with -Cn
2) editing the generated link.res file and removing the following lines
-framework
CoreImage
3) executing the generated ./ppas.sh file

Jonas