[fpc-pascal] Strange "Undefined symbol" error in FPC 3.2.0

Виктор Матузенко vitek03 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 14:32:09 CEST 2020

сб, 1 авг. 2020 г. в 13:26, Alexey via fpc-pascal <
fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org>:

> Did you try to delete all "lib" dirs in your project? (compiled units)

Yes, I did. The error is reproducible and the same each time I run clean
build.

I've got a minimal reproducible example with similar error. See attachment.

The example has two source files: dparser.pas and main.pas. The main is
here only
to call the function ParseHexU32Unsafe defined in the dparser unit.

Seems like inlines lead to the error, because if I remove all inlines in
the dparser unit
the program compiles fine.

In provided Makefile you can find the building command line:

fpc -Sd -Oodfa -Sew -Xm -vm5037 -g -gl -al -an -ar -at -vq -Sa main.pas
-omain.exe

I get the following error for the example:

Error: Undefined symbol:
DPARSER_$$_PARSEHEXU32UNSAFE$PCHAR$PCHAR$LONGWORD$$LONGWORD

What's my next step? Sending the example to bug tracker?

--
Victor Matuzenko (Виктор Матузенко)