[fpc-pascal] Pascal Language Server

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Apr 24 09:37:34 CEST 2020

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 14:12:48 +0700
Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>[...]
> In my test I'm getting an error at this block, "Parse error: unit not
> found: fpextres".
>
> Does code tools need access to this unit? It's not part of the source
> I've supplied it so I don't know why it's looking for this.

fpextres.ppu is installed by default on darwin.
Maybe you didn't setup codetools for your fpc units. Because of the
vast amount of fpc units, codetools needs to scan them once. There is a
simple init function, that uses the common environment variables PP,
FPCDIR and PATH to find the fpc executable and the fpc sources. It
creates a map ppu file to unit source and stores the result in the
ConfigFilename. So next time it can quickly read it.

CodeToolBoss.SimpleInit('~/.ChooseACacheFile');

If you need more control, look into the SimpleInit function.

Keep in mind that most codetools are not threadsafe.

Mattias