[fpc-pascal] Pascal Language Server

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:37:02 CEST 2020

> On Apr 23, 2020, at 6:29 PM, Arjan Adriaanse <arjan at adriaan.se> wrote:
>
> Also, any feedback on my existing code is welcome, especially since
> this is my first Pascal project.

You did a nice job structuring it I think and providing a template to scale up from. What language(s) are you coming from and why did you decide to make a language server for Pascal if you're not a Pascal user? Just curious.

I wrote my list of missing protocol implementations so that is what I'll be focusing on initially.

I'm trying to build this now using lazbuild on macOS and get some strange errors including:

lsp.pas:154:12: error: Identifier not found "specialize"

How could this be? {$mode objfpc} is declared right at the top.

Another curios one is:

lsp.pas:134:33: error: Incompatible types: got "<class method type of procedure(TObject;TObject;PPropInfo;TJSONObject;UTF8String;var TObject) of object;Register>" expected "<procedure variable type of procedure(TObject;TObject;PPropInfo;TJSONObject;UTF8String;var TObject);Register>"

I'm not usually a Lazarus user but I think lazbuild should work. Here's the command I use:

lazbuild "./pasls.lpi" --cpu=x86_64 --widgetset=cocoa

I use the cocoa widgetset on Mac because I get errors otherwise. That shouldn't be related though.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph