[fpc-pascal] Search path order for fpc.cfg

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon Apr 13 21:41:31 CEST 2020

Op 12-04-2020 om 12:01 schreef Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal:
> This is something I have been wondering about for a while..
> When I install FPC from sources I have to create a config file by
> using this command:
>
> /home/user/lib/fpc/$FPCVER/samplecfg "/home/user/lib/fpc/$FPCVER"
> "/home/user"
> (replace "user" with the actual username such as pi or whatever)
>
> The problem with this is that the generated file is named fpc.cfg so I
> have to do a rename afterwards and this is not always remembered (like
> yesterday).

Can you try running samplecfg without the second parameter and without
root-rights? Then it should create a .fpc.cfg in your home-directory. So
there is no need to rename the file.

If you supply a second parameter with the location where you want to
write the configuration-file to, samplecfg does not know it is in your
home-directory, so it will use a normal, visible, file. At least that is
how I would say it should work.

Regards,

Joost.