[fpc-pascal] Search path order for fpc.cfg

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Apr 12 16:09:24 CEST 2020

On 4/12/20 8:26 AM, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:
> I am used to *not* hide files anytime both on Windows (where I always
> configure the explorer to show hidden files) and on Linux where I
> always use an ls -la alias ll in order not to hide files.
> Never understood the reason for hiding stuff...

the reason for hiding certain files is presentation to the majority of the
masses... 99.999% of users don't need or want to know about these files... they
only care that their stuff works and that they can easily find what they are
looking for without having to dig through a lot of what they would generally
consider cruft and fluff... programmers and others interested in the
nitty-gritty details are very much a minority

PS: i'm replying to both, the list and Bo, because the synacor mail server seems
to be blocked by some spam lists... synacor hosts email for numerous ISPs...
windstream moved to synacor a few years ago rather than continuing to host their
own email servers... it is a painful annoyance when legitimate services like
synacor get blocked like this :(

PPS: Bo, if you reply, please include the above PS when you reply to the list so
that the list manager(s) can see this and maybe they can/will whitelist the
synacor servers... i've had several postings get blocked in recent days because
of this problem...