[fpc-pascal] About fpc license.

Christo Crause christo.crause at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 07:55:34 CEST 2020

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020, 05:09 fredvs via fpc-pascal, <
fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have done a fork of fpc fixes_3_2 and made some modification of original
> code.
>
> May I distribute the fpc binary of that patched version with the units
> files, ready to use out-of-the-box?

In my opinion yes,  but note I only represent my own opinion here. On a
practical side, make sure that your users know they are downloading a
custom patched version not supported by the fpc team.

Must I add the source of the change done?

As a minimum clearly display a download link to the modified source in the
download. Could be a separate text file in the download, perhaps listing
the modifications and link to the source.

I What I am not allowed to do?

Anything not permitted by fpc's licences :)