[fpc-pascal] FPC docs about FindFirst

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Tue Sep 24 00:53:42 CEST 2019

I have ported Turbo Pascal code but then use Sysutils instead of DOS,  my intention was to convert it to a windows console application that used windows features, and I had no interest in maintaining Turbo Pascal backward compatibility, and the use of findfirst, findnext, etc, was part of the code that never changed.  I actually was not aware that there even was a command called findclose, and I never did it in Turbo Pascal.. it IS in there now, and I believe it was a discussion on this list that prompted me to add it.   Anyway, just wanted to say, there are reasons to want to port Turbo Pascal code and then switch over to systutils, so having documentation that includes the differences between the versions would be helpful.

James