[fpc-pascal] fcl-passrc method/function invocations

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Oct 14 10:52:49 CEST 2019

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 23:13:04 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>[...]
> The resolver is implemented in pasresolver.pp and pasresolveeval.pas
> (but I think you'll only need the former)

The latter is used by the former.
Note that the resolver can only parse whole modules, not mere
expressions.
TPasParser supports more FPC elements than the resolver. For example
objc and operator overloading are not yet supported.

> You can attach any amount of data to an element of the AST.
> For instance this could be the number of times the element is
> accessed.
>
> Separate from the resolver, there is also the pasuseanalyser,
> which analyses if elements are used.

Yes. Directly or indirectly. Module or whole program.

> I don't think it keeps a count, though.

It does not.

Mattias