[fpc-pascal] fcl-passrc method/function invocations

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 23:03:07 CEST 2019

One of my tasks for the language server is determining “references” to a symbol, which means for functions I need to know all the times they were called.

Given the syntax tree the parser creates how do I know when a function was called? I see there is a TPasImplSimple that seems related but I’m not sure exactly. It’s probably possible that it’s not always possible to know because there are unresolved types so: a := clss.DoThis; maybe be a function call or accessing a proeprty/member variable.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph