[fpc-pascal] Compatibility problems with fpc > 3.3.1 rev 42375

fredvs fiens at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 9 12:09:00 CEST 2019

Hello everybody.

Sorry to come back with this but I am lost (and all my stock of Aspirina is
dead).

Could it be possible to simplify the life of rtl-users and add methods with
same parameters as previous version and make it compatible with new
features?

Other wishes:

It seems that the updates done to rtl were necessary because of some
arm-compatibility.

OK, but now, for the same code, the binary-result compiled program is +- 30
% bigger that same code compiled with fpc 3.0.4  or fp 3.2.0 (on the
contrary fpc 3.2.0 gives binary 10 % less big than with fpc 3.0.4).

Would it not be better to play with "{$ifdef cpuarm}" and so not make things
heavier for all others cpu that do not need those arm-extension?

Fre:D

-----
Many thanks ;-)
--