[fpc-pascal] generic proc inference

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 23:00:11 CEST 2019

> On Oct 8, 2019, at 11:32 AM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> I checked again. The thing is that in the compiler overload handling is done inside htypechk.tcallcandidates. Your patch weakens/changes that. So you'll have to completely rethink your solution to fit it into tcallcandidates (that should for example collect all suitable generics in addition to the non-generic ones (if any)).

What is the entry point for this? My design was to intercept the dummy symbol and attempt to perform the specialization at that point and return a valid procsym so the parser could continue with its current code path. Are you saying I should allow the tcallcandidates.create to accept a dummy symbol instead of a procsym?

Sorry if that doesn’t make sense but I’m a little foggy as to how this all works. Any advice would be great but I’ll think about this more later. Btw, the overloading stuff is in try_implicit_specialization but maybe that

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph