[fpc-pascal] fpc trunk issue with StreamIO or TMemoryStream

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Oct 7 17:21:56 CEST 2019

El 7/10/19 a les 15:18, Michael Van Canneyt ha escrit:

> On Mon, 7 Oct 2019, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>
>> I'm facing a strange issue, I don't know if it's StreamIO or
>> TMemoryStream. The following program, compiled with fpc
>>
>> Free Pascal Compiler version 3.2.0-beta [2019/04/26] for i386
>>
>> (I checked trunk and I don't see changes in streams or streamio)
>
> I tested your program with trunk, and it works OK.

Thank you for testing, maybe it's time to upgrade the compiler.
Per chance, do you know what could possibly have changed to fix the issue?
I'm using svn revision 41937 and I had a quick look at the changes in
the repo, the only thing that caught my eyes is the ";overload;" added
to the Read/Write methods of THandleStream/TCustomMemoryString/TMemoryString

Bye
--
Luca