[fpc-pascal] Generic type conflicts

Ben Grasset operator97 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 17:23:27 CET 2019

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:18 AM Ben Grasset <operator97 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know what you mean, and I'm aware, but you actually kind of can to the
> fairly straightforward extent that I'm concerned about with Ryan's patch
> (i.e. simply passing constant results as constraints rather than function
> parameters.)

Also, if you were referring specifically to the "making the choice part",
looking at the PDQSort C++ code again, all it was actually doing is
evaluating the *types* involved, not the comparison function itself. Which
would be fairly straightforward to replicate in FPC using something like a
constant TTypeKind constraint.