[fpc-pascal] Checking if a TStringList already exists

Tue May 21 17:47:28 CEST 2019

Hi,

On 21/05/2019 4:36 pm, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> In that case the lazarus devels should fix whatever causes this.
>
> Delphi does not have this after all, so it is possible to create a set of
> GUI components that does not need it. It may not be easy, but you cannot
> expect a user to find out through trial and error what he should be doing.

I fully agree with what Michael said. You can't truly expect
applications developer to trail and error what needs to be done. It's an
LCL issue that the Lazarus project needs to fix. Delphi's VCL, fpGUI
Toolkit and MSEide+MSEgui doesn't require this. Proof that LCL is doing
something wrong or has a bad internal design that needs fixing.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/