[fpc-pascal] RPos Causing Access violation

Marco van de Voort fpc at pascalprogramming.org
Tue May 21 15:51:02 CEST 2019

Op 2019-05-21 om 14:18 schreef James Richters:

> Does anyone have any idea at all why RPOS could not determine that the
> position of .dpax in M:\elipse_1.dpax was 12 like every other time I
> ran this????????????
>
> I ran this while looking at task manager and it starts up with 9.2MB
> of memory and that stays consistent, so I don’t think I have a memory
> leak anywhere. Any ideas??     I’m running on Windows 10,  compiling
> with FPC 3.0.4RC1 with the FPC text IDE.

Start with assigning the result of the rpos to a variable and printing
and reusing that.

To do anything we will need a compilable short fragment of code
demonstrating the bug.

Sometimes this can be done by just taking the existing source and start
removing code that doesn't seem to influence the code, and passing
constants instead of whereever you get your filenames.