[fpc-pascal] Error: Local variables size exceeds supported limit

Fabio Luis Girardi fluisgirardi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 13:06:42 CET 2019

Hi Jonas!

Thanks by your feedback. Do you think that should I fill a bug report?

The datatype that throws this error is this (cef3types.pas:2416):

TCefCompositionUnderlineArray = array[0..(High(Integer) div
SizeOf(TCefCompositionUnderline)) - 1] of TCefCompositionUnderline;

The TCefCompositionUnderline is a record with 20 bytes of size (5x32 bits
fields/vars into this record). So only this var exceeds this limit on 32
bits systems.

The error is throw on this procedure, in cef3ref.pas:1574

procedure TCefBrowserHostRef.ImeSetComposition(const text: ustring;
underlinesCount: TSize;
  underlines: TCefCompositionUnderlineArray; const replacementRange,
selectionRange: TCefRange);

I think that 2GB on 64 bits a very conservative limit.

Jonas, do you remember the revision number where this was changed?

Em sáb, 9 de mar de 2019 às 07:59, Jonas Maebe <jonas at freepascal.org>
escreveu:

> On 07/03/2019 21:32, Fabio Luis Girardi wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to use the FPC 3.2.0 beta + Lazarus 2.0.1 with fpCEF3. But
> > when I try compile this package with FPC 3.2.0 I got this error:
> >
> > Error: Local variables size exceeds supported limit
> >
> > But the same package compiles fine with FPC 3.0.4 and 3.0.5.
>
> FPC 3.2.0 limits the total size of local variables and parameter space
> for a single procedure/function to 2GB on 32 bit and 64 bit targets. On
> FPC 3.0.4 the limit was the maximum size supported by the address space.
>
> The previous size check for the locals was not working correctly
> according to the commit message, but I don't know why this was changed
> like that for 64 bit targets.
>

> Jonas

The best regards,

Fabio Luis Girardi