[fpc-pascal] Need Advice: Teaching a Child Programming

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 20:04:06 CET 2019

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have enough experience with IDE extensions
that I know I could write something fit the needs I outline except for the
VOIP part.

Here is an outline of what I could create, and I'd like to get feedback
from you guys to add to or alter this plan before I get started:

An IDE extension that allows you to connect to a mentor. You select from a
menu under file with the label "Mentoring ...". When click mentoring you
are presenting with a dialog where you can either choose to be a student or
a mentor.

When you choose to be a mentor you are given a unique 8 character code and
can select start mentoring or cancel. If you start mentoring you can open
"Mentoring ..." again to stop the mentoring session.

When you choose to be a student asked for the mentor's unique 8 character
code and can select learn from mentor or cancel. If you choose learn from
mentor you can open "Mentoring ..." again to stop the mentoring session.

When a student connects to a mentor they will both see a mentoring
connection has been made notification.

When a mentoring session is active the mentor's project and student's
projects are synchronized. Any source code or project changes either client
makes is synchronized with the other client in real time.

Additionally the mentor has the ability to highlight and draw on areas on
the screen of the student.

After having typed that I may need a little help in the area of detecting
and synchronizing changes to source code and projects.

How does this sound to you guys?