[fpc-pascal] Developing a mini ERP / web based development

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 18:10:08 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I have been asked to write a limited functionality / mini ERP type of software for an NGO that is setting up a hospital. I'm doing this in my own time and free of charge. The compiler and IDE of choice are of course FreePascal & Lazarus. I’m still thinking about the direction to go exactly with this and I was hoping to get some feedback/support from the community here as I always have gotten over the years.

The hardware of choice is already made and will be a network of several Chromebooks on which all staff will be logging in the system. This made me think that a desktop application is less feasible and I should look at a web-based solution. I found some frameworks such as ExtPascal, fano, Brook, pas2js. Unfortunately, I don't know much about web-based applications. So my question is whether any of the frameworks are mature enough to create a database driven application as described. Possibly there are other frameworks available that I don't know of but are worth investigating?

As I am starting this endeavor I would welcome any advisory or practical help. If someone is willing to support in any form, please contact me via PM.

TIA for all pointers, tips, and suggestions.

Regards, Darius