[fpc-pascal] from fpc 2.6 to 3.x

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Jun 6 01:35:20 CEST 2019

On Sat, 2019-06-01 at 22:26 +0200, Bart wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 8:41 PM Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de> wrote:
>
> > which are the main changes when upgrading fpc from 2.6.4 to the current
> > 3.x
> > release?
>
> Codepage aware strings come to mind...
>
> New features are listed at
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_New_Features_3.0
>
> Changes that may break backwards compatibility are documented at
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_3.0

Thank you, but I know those documents. The hard part ist to compare backwards
version step by version step down to 2.6.4.

Most probably I'll jump right in and fix anything going through he complete
pile of sources. Working on a copies or branches certainly, not only switching
compilers.

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>