No subject

Tue Jun 11 14:29:31 CEST 2019

each type of database. The Interbase components at this point do this.
unfortunately, the mysql components don't (not yet). It is my idea to
finish this work, but due to lack of time, I cannot start working on
this yet. (3 zillion other things requiring attention...)

If you're looking for a unified approach in the sense of Borland's BDE
or even DBExpress, I have no plans for implementing this for the very
simple reason that I don't believe in this approach: If you want unified
database access, then I see more sense in making a set of
TODBCDatabase/TODBCTransaction/TODBCDataset
descendents which can then be used to access any needed database.

You're of course welcome to help out in this matter. I'll guide and
provide explanations wherever possible.

I you need a quick solution, you can use the low-level ODBC components I
implemented. They resemble TDataset and so on, but are simply an OOP
wrapper around the ODBC API. I successfully connected to MySQL,
Interbase, MS-Access, MS-EXcel, from both windows and Linux.

Michael.